November 28th, 2014
If you are currently experiencing issues accessing your voicemail via *98, you can reach your voicemail by dialing your own talkit number from your Talkit Device, or by dialing one of our remote voicemail access numbers. You can view our remote voicemail numbers by clicking here.
My phone has no dial tone.
1. check and make sure your cords are connected properly and are in the slots securely.
- one end of your ethernet cord should be in your device securely and the other end of the ethernet cord should be in your modem/router securely
2. your power adapter for your device needs to be the correct adapter.
- on the sticker on the bottom of your Talkit device will say input and the voltage for example 5V or 12V
- on your power adapter on the sticker it will say out put this needs to match with your device input
for example: if your device input is 5V then your power adapter output needs to be 5V
3. make sure your phone is connected directly to your Talkit device anbd the end of the cord in the Talkit is secure and the end in the phone is secure
IF after you complete the steps above and your device still is not working continue to STEP B.
** Do not perform STEP B until completing STEP A
You will need to reset your device.
Below are instructions for reseting your Talkit.ca service
1. Pick up the phone attached to the Talkit Home Phone Device
2. Dial *** you will get an error code then press * again
3. Enter 99 and get the voice prompt "Reset"
4. Enter the encoded MAC address of the device
Note: Find the MAC address of the Talkit Device.
It is a 12 digits HEX number located on the bottom of the unit, it will look something like this: 000B822F42EA
Encode the MAC address. The encode mapping is followed:
e.g. if the MAC address is "000B820032E3", it should be encoded as "0002228200323333".
5. Wait for about 3 to 5 minutes.
The Talkit Home Phone Device will reboot automatically and restore all your phone settings.
6. If your phone service still is not working unplug the power from the device for 20 seconds and plug it back in
7. Wait 5 to 7 minutes and test your service
Step C is only to be done after completeing STEP B and waiting at least 10 minutes after completing STEP B and your phone service still is not working.
If your device is a 702, 701 or 502; it will have a small hole on the back this is a reset button.
1. Get something small and pointy like a paper clip or safety pin and push the reset button on the back of the device
2. hold it there for 20 seconds
- if you have done it properly all of the lights on the Talkit.ca device will turn off and then turn back on again
3. Wait 5 to 7 minutes
4. test your service
5. If your phone service still is not working unplug the power from the device for 20 seconds and plug it back in
6. Wait 5 to 7 minutes and test your service