November 28th, 2014
If you are currently experiencing issues accessing your voicemail via *98, you can reach your voicemail by dialing your own talkit number from your Talkit Device, or by dialing one of our remote voicemail access numbers. You can view our remote voicemail numbers by clicking here.
When I try calling out I hear a voice that says "invalid password", how do I fix this?
Your Talkit device needs to be reset. Follow the steps below to reset your service
1. Pick up the phone attached to the Talkit Home Phone Device
2. Dial * * *
Note: if you have no dial tone, you will probably hear an error code after entering "* * *"
in this case press * again
3. Enter 99 and get the voice prompt "Reset"
4. Enter the encoded MAC address of the device
Note: Find the MAC address of the Talkit Device.
It is a 12 digits HEX number located on the bottom of the unit, it will look something like this: 000B822F42EA
Encode the MAC address. The encode mapping is followed:
e.g. if the MAC address is "000B820032E3", it should be encoded as "000 222 820 032 333 3".
5. After entering the code wait 20 seconds and then hang up the phone
6. Wait 5 minutes.
The Talkit Home Phone Device will reboot automatically and restore all your phone settings.
7. If your phone service still is not working unplug the power from the device for 20 seconds and plug it back in
8. Wait 5 minutes and test your service
Step B is only to be done after completing STEP A and waiting at least 10 minutes after completing STEP A and your phone service still is not working.
If your device is a 702, 701 or 502; it will have a small hole on the back this is a reset button.
1. Get something small and pointy like a paper clip or safety pin and push the reset button on the back of the device
2. hold it there for 20 seconds
- if you have done it correctly, you should feel a click when pushing in the button, all of the lights on the Talkit.ca device will turn off and then turn back on again
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. test your service by calling out
If your phone service still is not working follow the steps below
1. unplug the power from the internet modem for 20 seconds and plug it back in.
2. Wait 5 minutes
3. unplug the power from the router (if you have one) for 20 seconds and plug it back in.
4. Wait 5 minutes
5. unplug the power from the Talkit device for 20 seconds and plug it back in.
6. Wait 5 minutes, then test your service by calling out