November 28th, 2014
If you are currently experiencing issues accessing your voicemail via *98, you can reach your voicemail by dialing your own talkit number from your Talkit Device, or by dialing one of our remote voicemail access numbers. You can view our remote voicemail numbers by clicking here.
My device has a busy signal when I try to call out
You will need to reset your device.
Below are instructions for reseting your Talkit.ca service
1. Pick up the phone attached to the Talkit Home Phone Device
2. Dial *** or press the LED button for voice prompt.
3. Enter 99 and get the voice prompt "Reset"
4. Enter the encoded MAC address of the device
Note: Find the MAC address of the Talkit Device.
It is a 12 digits HEX number located on the bottom of the unit, it will look something like this: 000B822F42EA
Encode the MAC address. The encode mapping is followed:
e.g. if the MAC address is "000B820032E3", it should be encoded as "0002228200323333".
5. Wait for about 3 to 5 minutes.
The Talkit Home Phone Device will reboot automatically and restore all your phone settings.
6. If your phone service still is not working unplug the power from the device for 20 seconds and plug it back in
7. Wait 5 to 7 minutes and test your service
Step B is only to be done after completeing STEP A and waiting at least 10 minutes after completing STEP A and your phone service still is not working.
If your device is a 702, 701 or 502; it will have a small hole on the back this is a reset button.
1. Get something small and pointy like a paper clip or safety pin and push the reset button on the back of the device
2. hold it there for 20 seconds
- if you have done it properly all of the lights on the Talkit.ca device will turn off and then turn back on again
3. Wait 5 to 7 minutes
4. test your service
5. If your phone service still is not working unplug the power from the device for 20 seconds and plug it back in
6. Wait 5 to 7 minutes and test your service