November 28th, 2014
If you are currently experiencing issues accessing your voicemail via *98, you can reach your voicemail by dialing your own talkit number from your Talkit Device, or by dialing one of our remote voicemail access numbers. You can view our remote voicemail numbers by clicking here.
My calls are dropping, how do I fix this?
Below are things that can cause calls to drop;
1. File sharing programs
file sharing programs such as those used when downloading etc.. can suck up a ton of bandwidth and you may be using this when using the phone and not know it..
2. viruses, spyware or malware
viruses, spyware or malware on a computer or device that accesses your internet at the time you are using the phone
to check this do the following;
- TURN OFF (Power off) power on all devices using the internet connection and disconnect all Ethernet cords from your router except the one connecting your talkit and internet modem. Disconnect the ethernet cord from all devices ie; computers, laptops, tablets, gaming systems etc..
After the above steps are completed connect your Talkit device directly to your internet modem for at least 1 to 2 hours and test it.
- test the service if working then the issue has to do with one of the devices or computers
3. You may have the power adapter connected to the talkit plugged into a power bar (if so connect the power adapter directly to the wall) Make sure that the power adapter for your device is the correct one.
286 device 5v
701 device 12v
502 device 12v
702 device 12v
4. If you have your phone connected to the phone jacks in the wall, instead of directly to the Talkit, there may be another signal interfering with the Talkit signal
- connect your phone directly to the Talkit NOT THE wall jacks
5. After the above steps are completed connect your Talkit device directly to your internet modem for at least 1 to 2 hours and test it.