November 28th, 2014
If you are currently experiencing issues accessing your voicemail via *98, you can reach your voicemail by dialing your own talkit number from your Talkit Device, or by dialing one of our remote voicemail access numbers. You can view our remote voicemail numbers by clicking here.
How do I hard reset my Talkit Device?
Below are instructions for resetting your Talkit.ca service
Log into your Talkit online account. Here are the instructions to log into your online account: https://talkit.ca/answer_page.php?qid=179&searchval=login
Once you are logged in, click on the tab located near the top "My Account"
Once you are in "My Account" Click on the Blue Button that says "RESET"
Then follow the process below
1. Pick up the phone attached to the Talkit Home Phone Device
2. Dial * * *
Note: if you have no dial tone, you will probably hear an error code after entering "* * *"
in this case press * again
3. Enter 99 and get the voice prompt "Reset"
4. Enter the encoded MAC address of the device
Note: Find the MAC address of the Talkit Device.
It is a 12 digits HEX number located on the bottom of the unit, it will look something like this: 000B822F42EA
Encode the MAC address. The encode mapping is followed:
e.g. if the MAC address is "000B820032E3", it should be encoded as "0002228200323333".
5. Wait for about 3 to 5 minutes.
The Talkit Home Phone Device will reboot automatically and restore all your phone settings.
6. If your phone service still is not working unplug the power from the device for 20 seconds and plug it back in
7. Wait 5 to 7 minutes and test your service
If your device is a 801, 802, 702, 701 or 502; it will have a small hole on the back beside the black power cord in the center, this is a reset button.
1. Get something small and pointy like a paper clip or safety pin and push the reset button on the back of the device
2. hold it there for 15 seconds
- if you have done it correctly, you should feel a click when pushing in the button, all of the lights on the Talkit.ca device will turn off and then turn back on again and flash
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. test your service by calling out
5. If your phone service still is not working unplug the power from the device for 20 seconds and plug it back in
6. Wait 5 minutes and test your service by calling out